Canadian citizen visitors to the U.S. – Admission issues

When entering the U.S. by air, the traveler will need to obtain her I-94 record by going to   At land ports of entry, I-94 cards are typically not issued.  It is very important to check for your I-94 record online to verify your period of admission.

If you are given a 6 month I-94 record, and you depart the US and seek readmission while the initial I-94 remains valid, you will only be admitted for the remaining time on the I-94; you are not given a new 6 month period.

Always check your I-94 record after each entry to make sure you do not overstay your period of authorized stay in the U.S.!