Immigration Documents & Travel

Nonimmigrants should carry their original Immigration documents with them at all times.  This includes H-1B and H-4 approval notices, EAD/AP documents, and OPT cards. Keep a photocopy of your documents in a safe place at home.  Of course, if you will be engaged in international travel, you will need a valid passport and perhaps some additional documents depending upon your situation.